Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday's Log and Today's Question

What are those foods that you just CAN'T have in your house because they are too overwhelmingly tempting? Don't worry, I want to win this BAD, but I'll refrain from having double cheese pizzas and 3-liter bottles of Coke delivered to your domiciles.

Here's mine: This cornbread recipe is deadly, as are homemade macaroni & cheese, grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches, and carrot cake.

What foods are the things that make your plan doable? I have a few of those. 'Fried' Rice is one of them. I cut up a huge pile of vegetables (usually cabbage, onions, carrots, pea pods, fresh ginger & garlic), 'fry' them in my non-stick pan(no oil whatsoever), throw in about a 1/2 to 1 cup of leftover brown or wild rice, and a little soy sauce. It also works great with leftover whole wheat pasta. I sometimes put shrimp in it if son#3 isn't eating it.

The other 'magic' food for me is yogurt. I mix in a little Fiber One and some fresh fruit. Although I prefer cooking from scratch, a convenience food that I use LOTS on this diet is canned soup for lunch. The vegetarian vegetable, tomato prepared with water, chicken noodle, and minestrone are all SO low in points and convenient that it makes lunchtime less temptation-laden.

Yesterday's choices:

1 cup cooked oat bran
1
Subtotal
1
Midday
1/2 pbj ww df
3
tomato soup w water
4
Subtotal
7
Evening
1 6-inch SUBWAY® Restaurants Turkey Breast & Ham Sub
5
1 3/4 Tbsp SUBWAY® Restaurants Fat Free Honey Mustard Dressing
1
15 items Tostitos Baked! Scoops tortilla chips
2
1/2 cup salsa
0
Subtotal
8
Snack
1 grande latte , made with fat-free milk
3
5 cups reduced-fat microwave-popped popcorn, 94% fat-free
1
1 ww df bread
1
1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
1
Subtotal
6
Total Food POINTS values used
22
Food POINTS Balance over (-) under (+)
0

4 comments:

Ames said...

My list of things that do NOT tempt me is much shorter. I have a problem keeping my paws off of just about everything. I am not terribly tempted by raspberry-chocolate anything, mint-chocolate chip ice cream, sherbet, and beer.

Ice cream, cookies, Coke, and granola are BIG temptations.

Shan said...

granola?

My friend owns a specialty cheese shop. Have you ever had Triple Creme Brie? (SOB!) So I can't have any of THAT in the house.

I'm not off breads (yet) but those are definitely an achilles heel for me.

And oh, oh dear, Mrs Sigg's Peanut Butter Cookies (see allrecipes.com). The MOST divine. If I have one I have six, and they are not small, girls.

Karen said...

NOT the dreaded Mrs. Siggs! I've had her snickerdoodles off of allrecipes and they are pretty irresistable, too. I didn't know there were peanut butter ones to taunt me.

Haven't had the brie, but cheeses are one area I can't even let myself begin to dream about. There are way too many that are all too good. And we all know that a good cheese needs a crusty artisan bread to accompany it. Maybe a little liverwurst and red onion. Fresh cracked black pepper. Oh my.

Ames said...

Yes, granola. It sounds silly, but that stuff is almost always high in calories. Not sure why. A half cup usually has around 250 calories. And, I can easily eat 3-4 servings. I always thought of it as a healthy food until I started counting calories.