Thursday, April 17, 2008

Why are YOU losing Weight?

At the beginning of one of the Biggest Loser (tv show) seasons, they asked them all why they were losing weight and what some of their goals were. They put them on a t shirt that they would wear during working out. Things like "to see my kids grow up", "to not be embarassed when I meet new people" , "to be able to run around with my kids"

Here are some of my reasons. I had Carrie when I was 42. By the time she's 20, I'll be 62. I don't want to be a slow old mom for her. I want to be able to be active and healthy for her while she's growing up. Secondly, I want to look the best I can for my dearest much better half. I wasn't this size when he married me and while I'll never be that tiny again (let's be realistic, I've been pregnant a lot), I know I can be smaller than I am right now. Thirdly, I just want to be healthy for the long haul. If I don't completely adapt to eating like this long-term, I will just gain and keep on gaining. I don't like that it works that way for me, but it does, so I better adapt.

I lost 40 before. I gained very little of it back. I just want to finish the job now (losing it....not gaining it back, wise guy). Losing the weight gets increasingly difficult the older I get so I can't wait any longer.

Thursday Food Log
Notes about log....at the bottom it says there is an overage, what it doesn't show you is that you swap activity points for food points. Then the remaining 3 extra points come out of my weekly 35 bonus points that reset on Wednesdays. WW Bonus Points can be split up any way you like over the week. If anybody ever has a question about anything I've logged, please ask.

Breakfast
fiber one yogurt
1
Subtotal
1
Midday
1 Tbsp Kraft Light Done Right Balsamic vinaigrette
.5
1 cup fat-free canned refried beans
4
1/2 cup salsa
0
2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
.5
15 items Tostitos Baked! Scoops tortilla chips
2
1 small jalapeno pepper(s)
0
1 1/2 cup lettuce
0
Subtotal
7
Evening
1 serving(s) spaghetti with meatsauce
9
3 oz Dole Classic Iceberg Salad
0
2 Tbsp Kraft Light Done Right Balsamic vinaigrette
1
2 tsp unsalted butter
2
2 sl.ww df bread (wwdf=Brownberry whole wheat double fiber bread)
3
Subtotal
15
Snack
3/4 cup Kellogg's Special K fruit & yogurt cereal
2
1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
1
fiber one yogurt
1
Subtotal
4
Total Food POINTS values used
27
Food POINTS Balance over (-) under (+)
-5
Exercise
30 min walking, brisk
2
Total Activity POINTS values earned
2

1 comment:

Ames said...

The answer to this question, coming soon to a blog near you.