Monday, April 14, 2008

Speaking of Keeping Me Honest...

Here's honesty. I ate like a blooming cow over the weekend. Yes, I did. Fritos. Goldfish. Grilled Cheese. I knew I was in danger when I weighed in so heavy the other day.

So now that my little hissy fit is over with, a little competition has been arranged with fellow weight-loss blogger Ames. A little competition might give me the motivation I need to get back in gear. We haven't thought of a prize yet, but we each have to stick to our goal. Mine is sticking to plan 100% and logging everything. Hers is staying a way from snacks and desserts. The first one to cave loses. Since Ames and I both are losing at an amazingly slow rate, we thought this might keep each other going.

I'm ready! I had a healthy, plan-friendly breakfast and I'm going to log it right now!

5 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I'm glad you've found someone to be sort of a weight loss "buddy".. I'm sure that will help a lot! Just make sure the prize for winning isn't FOOD! ha ha
Looking forward to seeing all of your progress!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey like the new place, looks really nice!

Sounds like a great idea to have someone to help motivate you.

Have you posted photos? I would love to see them!

Karen said...

Thanks for coming by Pam & Tori.

Pam...hopefully there won't need to be a prize because neither of us will go off the bandwagon! I would be kind of fun to hear some creative comments on what the prize should be.

Tori---I haven't posted pictures here yet. I really should put up a before and midway and (in a few months) an after picture. I'll have a tough time doing that though. I was so disgusted with how I looked at that time in my life that I wouldn't let anyone take any pictures. I think I might have one somewhere, though. I'll look around.

Ames said...

Oh, NO! I was hoping the loser would treat the winner to a circuit of their favourite fast food restaurants. I was thinking I would hit Chik-Fil-A, Dunkin Donuts, Ben and Jerry's. Gee. . .

(Just kidding)

We are losing rather slowly, aren't we? I am just hoping this means it is gone for good, and I won't have any loose skin issues. Small price to pay.

Pam--in America said...

I think a good reward would be a new item of clothing in your fabulous new smaller size!