Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

My family celebrated Mother's Day on Thursday due to kids' work schedules. Today Jim and I ended up in a bookstore (nothing new there). I decided to sacrifice a half-day's worth of points for a 16 oz coffee beverage. There's something sick about ordering a javalicious mocha crunch whatever it was and then asking the server for the nutrition information. I got the total calories, fat grams, and fiber content and went to log it onto Weight Watchers. It was a whopping TEN points even though I opted for no whipped cream. I tell you, it was worth every crunchy, sweet, iced strawful. I've been smiling ever since.

Since I opted to eat dinner as well, it used up a chunk of my weekly points and I don't even care. I wasn't out of control. I made a conscious decision and don't regret it. So there.

Here are the rest of my choices for the day:


Morning
2 large whole poached egg(s)
4
2 slice rye bread
3
3 oz center slice ham, lean only
4
Subtotal
11
Midday
seattle's best iced coffee drink
10
Subtotal
10
Evening
3 cup canned ready-to-serve chunky chicken noodle soup (This was actually homemade soup made yesterday and the fat was skimmed off while cold--it was similar in chunkiness to the canned stuff so it was a good comparison. I also threw a handful of fresh spinach in when I reheated it. Mmmmmm! Good!
11
Subtotal
11
Snack
crust from 1 lg pizza sl.
4
Subtotal
4
Total Food POINTS values used
36
Food POINTS Balance over (-) under (+)
-14
Exercise (haven't logged it yet because we haven't run yet today)
I have 13.5 weekly points left (I'll have 2 more if we actually finish our run--it's pouring out now so I'm not hopeful)

No comments: