Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Welcome

Phillipians 4:12......I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


This blog is taking the place of my former blog, ChristmasCriscoChallenge, since we're now well past Christmas.

The challenge this year is to get to goal. I'm so close. I'm motivated. I'm ready. I turn 49 in March and I am NOT going to go into my 50's overweight. SO.......this is the year!

I believe I've learned how to keep the eating under control and I've been able to sustain that fairly well. The missing ingredient has been consistent, vigorous exercise. I have rarely been able to sustain that for more than a month at a time. I'm having trouble getting rid of those last pounds without engaging a little muscle, so the time has come. I am convinced I will never reach my goal without it. Like I've mentioned on my other blog, I am starting pre-training for a marathon that will be run next fall. If doing that doesn't start pulling me closer to my goal, I don't know what will!

So, here's to a healthy diet, plenty of exercise, and being losers!

Karen

No comments: