Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You've Been Served!!!

The remaining fat on my body apparently isn't leaving without an eviction notice signed by a federal judge. I don't know what else it could be waiting for. I'm doing the right things. I haven't even looked at a piece of candy wistfully or flirted with any white bread or rice. I've eaten more unadorned vegetables than the jolly green giant. I've consumed enough water to float the Queen Elizabeth II, and I've ingested enough fiber to keep a wooly mammoth regular.

Everyone that loses weight for the long haul goes through these times. I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. Eventually, the wall I've been hitting will disappear and the pounds will start dropping again. My anniversary is only about a week away and I was hoping to be a few pounds lighter by then. Just goes to show that I can't be hung up on the results(over which I have no control), only my behavior (over which I have all the control, unfortunately for me at times).

So.........no loss for this week.

How are the rest of you doing?

3 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I love how you wrote that...very funny!
Your body has probably hit the point of "starvation mode" where it's trying to hang on to what it can because it's not getting as much as it used to. I'm sure, if you keep it up, you'll notice a big drop soon! I'm glad you have a good attitude about it.

Ames said...

I hear ya, LOUD and CLEAR!

I was talking to DH about this very thing this morning, and plan to blog about it sometime today. Stay tuned.

Ames said...

How's it going? We need an update.