Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, Well!

I just returned from several days in the Windy City. We had a ball! I walked everywhere. Unfortunately, it didn't whittle anything off of my backside. Could have something to do with the cooked-to-order breakfast every morning or eating my weight in snack mix every evening at the manager's reception. Somehow, when I go away, the cheapskate in me wins over the dieter in me. Our room was paid for by Jim's company (he was there for a two-day certification exam). The breakfast comes with the room. So does the manager's reception. It's such a nice break for a mom to have these luxuries. Every morning I had an omelet with lots of veggies (so far so good), bacon (okay we're moving downhill), hashbrowns (aaahhh), and lots of juice and........a glazed doughnut (guilt, guilt, guilt). I usually had a reasonable lunch and then around 5:30 we'd go play Scrabble or Boggle in the lobby while consuming piles of snack mix and a combination of grapefruit juice and cranberry juice which was provided at the complimentary manager's reception.

I'd like to say I feel horrible about it, but I suppose I really don't. I didn't sweat it while I was having fun with my family. We don't have any trips or special occassions coming up any time soon. Other than the fact that it put back on a few pounds I had already lost, I'm not too worried about it. I'll be right back on track on Monday.

No comments: