Sunday, February 3, 2008

Finally!

The scale is finally starting to reflect my good behavior! This is a good thing. Now I don't have to quit in disgust. Okay...I wouldn't really quit. I'm too far into this thing now.

Tonight is the SuperBowl and my parents are coming over to watch it with us. My mom is WW-ing as well so we can both eat our baked tilapia with fresh fruit salsa & brown rice whilst the testosterone-laden 'thin crowd' can stuff their faces full of cheesy potatoes, buffalo wings, and all manor of things that would certainly increase the volume of lard on my now-dwindling carcass. Hurray for us.

No planned walks today, but if I can get some reading done in the Core Performance Essentials book, I might just spend some time using the stability ball later. My children certainly will laugh at my inability to do this with any ease, but let them. In eight months I will be the one laughing. I teasingly taunted my very buff 17-yr-old son that I will be able to out-run him (distance-wise) by the end of the summer. He said his pride wouldn't let that happen. So I think we're all going to be winners here. His pride will get him in even better shape then he is now.

My 6-yr-old daughter told me that she likes laying her head on my stomach because it's "soft and mushy. Well, isn't that special? Oh well, more motivation to work hard on that stability ball.

How is everyone else doing out there in blogland?

2 comments:

Ames said...

What you daughter said is hilarious. I have a six-year-old, too. I mean, it isn't funny that you are soft and mushy.

It is makes you feel any better, my stomach makes a pretty nice cushion, too.

Pam--in America said...

You sound really motivated....that's great!
Kids are so brutally honest, aren't they? Sounds just like something mine would say.
Keep up the good work!