Monday, February 11, 2008

Planned Wreckless Abandon

This weekend, my beloved and I celebrated our 24th anniversary! Back in January, I posted that this would be one of my planned exceptions from the world of dieting. It was wonderful and hey, as long as I'm sitting around NOT losing anything, I might as well enjoy a petit filet in demi-glace once in a while, right? It was wonderful. I didn't go completely hogwild crazy the whole weekend, but it was nice to not think about points or anything else for two days. From our hotel we walked to anywhere we needed to go so I didn't feel like a total slug. Other than that I didn't worry about putting in time on a treadmill, it's not particularly romantic sweating in the hotel gym. In my opinion there are more, um, interesting ways to burn off calories on one's anniversary anyway.

So, this morning I had my hot whole grain cereal for breakfast and I'm back to the reality of disciplined eating no matter how pointless it seems some weeks. Overall I am losing. The numbers on the scale are not moving upward so that in itself is a victory. I'm not planning on weighing less this Wednesday as I am in that point in the month where my weight gets wacky. The next Wednesday should be stellar.

Have a good week! I plan to.

2 comments:

TO BECOME said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.So glad that you had such a wonderful time. You did good. Have a wonderful week. connie from Texas

Marsheila said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 24 YEARS TOGETHER.... I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A ROMANIC TIME WITH YOUR SWEETIE. TAKE CARE AND I HOPE YOU HAVE ANOTHER WONDERFUL 24 YEARS TOGETHER

YOUR FRIEND FROM GEORGIA
MARSHEILA