Sunday, November 2, 2008

Well, isn't THAT special?

After my blissful discovery yestermorn, I finished off the remaining pots & pans in the kitchen and loaded the last couple things into the dishwasher. I put in the detergent, pushed the button, and........................................nothing. Well, almost nothing. It buzzed. No water. No cleaning. Bummer.

Normally it would be just a matter of replacing the dw. However, we are still in the middle of replacing floors and cabinets and we are the ones doing the work. Since Jim is working 60-90 hr. weeks minimum these days, the kitchen is low on our priority list. We can't replace the DW without replacing the floor, the cabinets, and the countertop....our new floor will be slightly higher than the current floor. Anyway, I am not averse to washing the dishes the good old fashioned way. Good thing, huh?

You will be happy to know that I was a good little girl today. My big 'cheat' being tasting a sample at Sam's club. I actually had an all-vegetable/low-fat dinner AND I enjoyed it! Watch out weight-loss world!

1 comment:

Ames said...

A force with which to be reckoned.