Saturday, June 21, 2008

One Down, One to Go!

Well, the first of two big graduation parties happened last night. I was so excited when I got in the food line and the first two things I encountered were a bowl of plain, fresh fruit and a wonderful mixed green salad with dressing on the side. Ah, what a relief. I didn't have to blow a lot of points. There was also lasagna. I had a miniscule piece. It was very saucy with little cheese so it didn't do too much point damage. I also treated myself to a very small rice krispy treat with a cup of black coffee. Whew!

The next one is Sunday. It should be a little more difficult to navigate, foodwise. That's okay. I'm prepared to use my final cheat day for it. I might not need to as I will be running tomorrow (4 extra points) and I still have a bunch of 'weeklies' left. I just don't want to starve on Monday and Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. I just know that this same family had the most incredible food at their other son's grad party last year.....I don't know that I'll WANT to resist.

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Glad it went so well. You did good!!
I'm sure next week you'll do equally well!

Ames said...

I adore rice krispy treats. I cannot even explain it. It is one of the few non-chocolate desserts that I go nuts for.

TO BECOME said...

So glad you made it through just fine. When Sunday comes just do as you have done and then it will be over and you will be happy that you did not blow it. Praying for you. connie from Texas