Saturday, October 11, 2008

You're IT!

I have been tagged for this meme on my other neglected blog some time ago and if you want to read those, go here. However, since it's been a while, I'll come up with six new random things about me.

1) I love to cook. If I didn't have any other responsibilities and if I didn't have to worry about who likes/doesn't like whatever....I would sit around and cook fab food all day. Right now, of the three children still remaining at home, one is a vegetarian who despises anything with even a hint of vinegar in it, one is 17, hates most vegetables and is rarely home at dinner-time (works in a restaurant making pizza dough, among other things), the last is 7 years old and not a very adventurous eater. Jim and I love food but have to watch our caloric intake which certainly limits the scope (and FUN)of my cooking,

2) I love writing. I've always wanted to write copy for an ad agency or something. That is, until my husband worked at an ad agency and I saw what a sleezy, disgusting business it is run by complete dirtbags. (no, Karen, tell us how you really feel!) Now I have a creative outlet. I will be creating custom invitations in my friend's store.

3) Tea. I love it. I have always loved it. I will continue to love it. Red and yellow, black and white.....all are precious in my sight. Herbal, Rooibos, you name it. Before bed every night, Jim and I share a huge pot of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime. Bury me with my teapot. Please.

4) Fall is my favorite season. Apple pie. Hot soup on cold days. Breathtaking colors and incredible smells. Inexpensive school supplies. Exercise without sweat. Need I say more.

5) I am actually somewhat musical although nobody that knows me now would ever know that.

6) I am a walking disorganized mess.

1 comment:

Ames said...

I like tea, but I just cannot get into herbal ones. I like black, green, and oolong. All three of my kids, however, will drink just about anything that comes steaming out of a teapot.